Wrinkles are a natural part of the aging process; they primarily occur because of exposure to the sun, loss of elasticity, stress, smoking and alcohol consumption. Appearance of wrinkles can be reduced with the help of sophisticated anti wrinkle creams and through some home remedies that help treat wrinkles effectively.
Home Remedies to Reduce wrinkles
Image courtesy of Pinterest.com
Modern society is obsessed with looks as well as a younger looking. Today, nobody wants to have wrinkles, which are an inevitable part of the aging process. Apart from the scientifically advanced anti-wrinkle creams, you can make use of a host of home remedies hat help treat wrinkles. Discussed below are a few tried and tested remedies for treating wrinkles effectively. Give these remedies a shot and see if these work effectively for you as well.
- Use lemon juice – Lemon juice is said to work as a natural astringent which tones the skin and reduces wrinkles. Apply lemon juice to your face twice a day; leave for 10 minutes and then rinse.
- Use of olive oil – A rich source of vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant), olive oil is found effective for the treatment laugh lines and crow’s feet.
- Incorporate vitamins in your diet – Vitamins, particularly, A, E and C are highly important for a healthy skin. They make your skin smooth and also prevent wrinkles from occurring. You can either take foods that are rich in vitamins or take vitamin supplements.
- Avocado – Avocados are rich in healthy fats which help smooth and plump your skin. They are regarded as a potent anti-wrinkle home remedy. You can either eat avocados or apply it directly to your skin.
- Massage – A rejuvenating facial massage is one of the most widely used therapies for treating wrinkles. A gentle massage relieves stress, increases blood flow and relaxes the wrinkles to make them less noticeable.
- Facial exercise – Daily facial exercises get all your facial muscles to work; this prevents wrinkles. Pull exaggerated O and E shapes with your mouth for 30 seconds. Also, try to purse lips to right, centre and left of your face. Hold each movement for at least 5 second. Repeat the exercise three times.
- Avoid harmful habits – Smoking and excessive consumption of alcohol is detrimental to your skin and is a primary cause for wrinkles. While smoking reduces circulation to the facial capillaries, alcohol causes swelling, which results in stretching of the skin.
Ingredients in Anti Wrinkle Creams
To make sure you get the maximum benefit from your anti-wrinkle cream, check the label to see if your chosen cosmetic solution has at least one of the following ingredients:
- Antioxidants – These are nutrients derived from natural food sources that defend your body against damage caused to your skin by free radicals. Free radicals are generated during the body metabolism or because of smoking, harsh sunlight or even a bad diet.
- Vitamin A, C, E – These vitamins are proven to be highly effective for treating wrinkles.
- Presence of vitamin C helps in healing and stimulating the growth of new collagen which keeps the skin from sagging. Vitamin C combined with vitamin E, can help in skin care by reducing wrinkles or fine lines
- Vitamin E is useful in skin repair and in defending it from harmful bacteria. It retains a moisture barrier which prevents the epidermis from drying out completely
- Vitamin A collaborates with vitamin C and E to enhance the antioxidant action
- Alpha-hydroxy or beta-hydroxy acids – These mild acids help dead skin cells slough off more easily. They enable your skin to retain more water and are found to be especially effective when it comes to anti-aging.