Whether you spend your day in high heels, work boots, or flip flops, this foot balm is just the thing to perk up tired feet.As a gardener my feet take a beating. This peppermint foot balm is full of all-natural ingredients that heal, soften and soothe so I can spend my time digging rather than dealing with dry, cracked heels and achy feet.
This foot balm is made to go together harmoniously with this Peppermint Foot Scrub recipe. After a good soak in warm water, a cooling peppermint foot scrub, this balm seals in moisture and helps to repair cracks and dryness. A true peppermint pampering for hard-working feet.
In the summer I’m typically flip-flop-clad when I should be wearing steel-toed boots. I romp around the garden and stomp on a spade with only a tiny bit of foam between me and the earth. My feet get filthy. So filthy that often times I’m banned from the house until I hose off those bad boys.
When I come inside at the end of an exhausting yet invigorating day out in the garden I follow this routine to soothe my achy feet:
- Soak feet in a warm foot bath filled with this Herbal Foot Soak.
- Scrub feet, ankles, and calves with this Pampering Peppermint Foot Scrub.
- Dry feet, lather on healing foot balm (recipe to follow), and slip socks on.
- Go to bed. The next morning the aches are long gone and the bottom of my feet feel like a baby’s bottom.
Makes 1 cup
- 1/4 cup olive oil infused with calendula and chamomile
- 1/4 cup lavender infused coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 25g grated beeswax
- 25 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 5 drops vanilla essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
Melt the oils, wax and cocoa butter together over medium-low heat in a double boiler or a Turkish coffee pot.If the beeswax you have is a solid chunk, grate it using a cheese grater to allow it to melt faster and keep the oils from warming too much. Add essential oils when the oils and wax are melted.
Pour into a heat-proof container,and leave undisturbed for 6-8 hours to cool.
Apply after the shower or bath and at night before bed for 2 weeks and you are sure to feel a big difference!